Letter: ​Apply to be a Chancellor’s Fellow

The countdown has started, seniors! Less than four months away until graduation day. For some, May 14 could not get here sooner. For others, you are relishing every minute knowing life will forever change once that tassel is turned. And for most, you have started the ultimate graduate game ... competing for a professional, full-time job. We’ve certainly all been there.

During your first job search, it is important to take advantage of unique experiences that allow you to gain valuable skills, build a vast network, contribute to meaningful work and serve in a variety of leadership roles. These early professional experiences help you stand out as a well-rounded and competitive candidate for any future employment. As current Chancellor’s Fellows out of the Office of the Chancellor, we cannot speak more highly about this post-graduate fellowship and all of the opportunities it has allowed us.

Established in 2014 by Chancellor Carol Folt, the Chancellor’s Fellowship provides a unique opportunity for UNC graduates to explore, understand and contribute to the inner workings of a higher education institution. Fellows will be able to work closely with senior leadership, assist with projects from partner units across campus and provide support on university-wide initiatives. This is a full-time (paid), one-year appointment beginning in June 2017.

Interested? To learn more and apply, please visit bit.ly/ChancellorsFellow. Applications are due by Thursday, Feb. 9 at midnight.

Dale Bass

Rachel Gogal

Julia Stroup

2016-2017 Chancellor’s Fellows