UNC men's basketball leads Notre Dame, 42-34, at halftime from Greensboro

The No. 12 North Carolina men's basketball team leads No. 20 Notre Dame, 42-34, at halftime in the Greensboro Coliseum. Here are some things you missed in the first 20 minutes of action.

Bradley battling for boards

It’s no surprise by now that UNC is grat on the glass. The Tar Heels continued their rebounding excellence, hauling in 24 rebounds to just 12 for Notre Dame.

Forwards Tony Bradley and Kennedy Meeks led the charge for the Tar Heels with three offensive boards each. Bradley’s tenaciousness on the glass earned him seven points and five total rebounds, putting him on pace for a double-double.

UNC struggled shooting from outside of the paint, so the Tar Heels needed all the boards they could get.

Spreading the wealth

The Tar Heels moved the ball well to start the game, getting everyone involved offensively.

While no player could reach double-figures before halftime, five UNC starters tallied at least seven points in the first period.

Despite shooting just 3-for-11 from the 3-point line, UNC piled on 24 points in the paint to build its eight-point lead going into the locker room.

Struggling from the line

With a horrendous start at the free-throw line, UNC missed an opportunity to really pull away from Notre Dame. The Tar Heels started the game 0-for-4 from the free-throw line before Kennedy Meeks finally found his touch.

UNC shot better from the charity stripe after its rough start, but it still missed two more free throws down the stretch. On the other side, the Fighting Irish took advantage of their opportunities from the line, making eight of their 10 free throws.

In a game that has featured 17 fouls already, efficiency from the free-throw line will likely prove crucial as the second half unfolds.

@_Brohammed