Get lucky with these gameday foods

No matter where you live, on or off campus, sometimes you just need food delivered.

After a chaotic weekend of great wins and upsets, the Tar Heels are in it again — the Sweet 16. As any basketball fan knows, what happens next is impossible to predict. The best we can do here in Chapel Hill is cheer on the boys while sticking with our superstitions and traditions, especially those that involve food.

A PR rep from Grubhub sent us a list of food orders that spike during Carolina wins, which was pulled from Grubhub’s national online ordering database. Check out these trends and call up Asia Cafe because you’re getting egg rolls this weekend.

Egg rolls were ordered 269 percent more during UNC's winning game days than losing game days in Chapel Hill. And it's not just egg rolls that work — spring rolls were ordered 30 percent more as well!

via GIPHY

“I’m surprised about the egg rolls, but hey, I’m always up for eating and some good superstition for the Heels," sophomore Hayley Scialdone said.

On UNC's winning game days, dumplings were ordered 160 percent more than they were on losing game days in Chapel Hill.

via GIPHY

Garlic naan orders go up by 117 percent.

via GIPHY

If you're hungry on a game day, Asian food seems to be the thing to order for a Tar Heel win.

But old standards work too  — on the days UNC won, cheese pizza was ordered 69 percent more, while pepperoni pizza was ordered 23 percent more.

via GIPHY

Students on campus were surprised by the egg roll and naan stats but pleased to know their pizza-eating habits weren't going unappreciated.

“Who knew pizza worked out so positively for everyone’s sake but my love handles?" sophomore Laura Bratton said.

Sophomore Piper Davis felt similarly and will perhaps use future games as a reason to eat more pizza.

“I feel a lot less guilty about ordering pizza knowing I help the Heels pull out a W,” she said.

Be sure to order in tonight and watch UNC beat Butler University while chowing down on some lucky foods!

swerve@dailytarheel.com