Quick Hits for March 23, 2017

This is the end

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Why was Spring Break so late in the semester? Coming back to class on Monday, we were like, “Oh shit, we have so much due so soon.” We have essays due this week, next week, tests, homework and regular work. It almost feels like Spring Break was a trick to get us to think we were earlier in the semester.

We're with you

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

Thumbs up to all the people who believed in the UNC basketball team from the start of filling out your brackets. Any bandwagoner can support UNC once we’re doing well in the tournament, but especially if you’re in a competitive group, making them champs on your bracket is a huge vote of confidence.

Lyft up

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Wasting money in college should be reserved for alcohol — not for rides to the airport. As students, we should be sharing our Lyfts to save money. Next time you’re about to head to RDU, make sure you aren’t going alone. Heck, at least it will give you more spending money when you land at your destination.

Thanks, Roy

4722_thumbsupo.jpg

Roy Williams has proven that he learned not only learned how to be a great coach from Dean Smith, but also how to be a great person. It is refreshing to see such an important community figure willing to speak candidly about his views. We encourage Roy to keep speaking out, even if we may disagree at times.

You're hot then cold

4719_thumbsdowno.jpg

Why was this the week with good weather? We were all freezing last week on break, we couldn’t even make a montage of us driving to the mountains in a convertible. Now that we are back at school it is so nice. We demand answers, UNC. We know you’re behind this. We know you are the real reason for the season.

Stand united

There is talk of building a new Student Union, which by most arguments is the right thing to do. But you have to love the many quirks of our current union. Sure it is dated, kind of small and not like our peer institutions’ unions, but that doesn’t have to be a bad thing. It has character, and we appreciate that.