With the NCAA tournament going on, students practice different traditions as they watch the Tar Heels play. Staff writer Grace Caroline Larcade asked students, "Do you have any game day traditions?"

Courtney Schepel

"I haven’t washed this jersey since the beginning of March. I also wore these shorts the other day when we won, and when picking out an outfit, I almost put on a different pair but I decided to go with these — hopefully they’re lucky."

Atemnkeng Forwang

"I don’t really have any traditions, but I just make sure to wear all Carolina colors. My bracket is completely botched, I had Kansas winning it all. But I made multiple, one with Carolina winning it, so don’t worry. As for superstitions, I’m not superstitious, I think we are going to win, especially when we have both of our star players playing well."

Samantha Grimm

"I don’t have any traditions except for the fact that I always go to He’s Not for the game and sit in the exact same booth. My friends and I have been sitting in the same booth this entire tournament, so clearly it’s been working. We’ve also forbidden one of our friends from wearing his jersey during the tournament because every time he wore it during the main season we lost."

Kelly Mahoney  

"I knock on wood anytime I hear someone say something overly positive about the game or Carolina. Wherever I am, I drop everything, and have to find wood to knock on it."

Ashley Pellegrino

"I have to wear all blue the entire day, I can’t not wear blue when it's UNC game day. I love watching the game at He’s Not. It’s awesome to be at a place with so much tradition and to sit at a bar Michael Jordan used to sit at. It’s really cool to be a part of something so successful and so well-known around the world even."

Amanda Benninghoff

"My teammates and I always go to Four Corners for the games and sit in the exact same booth. I wear the same jersey every game, and usually my friends from other sports teams come and sit with us to watch the game. The owner, Christian, always makes sure we have our spot for the game and makes us chicken parmesan sandwiches. If we win, he always puts on 'Sweet Caroline' throughout the bar."