All Up In Your Business: One Fish Two Fish opened April 5

The restaurant Tom+Chee on E Main St in Carrboro has closed, to be replaced by "One Fish Two Fish."

One Fish Two Fish, a poke restaurant, officially opened for business April 5. 

The Hawaiian cuisine features fresh fish served over rice or lettuce, with a variety of toppings and sauces. 

Owner Lauren Kleczkowski said the restaurant had a soft opening last weekend before closing for a few days to make sure everything was ready for the official opening, which debuted the full menu. 

“We’ve had a really nice, steady crowd, and we’ve already had a couple of regulars come through,” she said. “Everybody seems to really enjoy it and we’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback.”

The menu offers options for both poke aficionados and those who have never heard of the dish, Kleczkowski said.

“A lot of people have been saying ‘Oh, I’ve had this in Hawaii and I’m so glad you’ve brought it here,’” she said. “For those who haven’t had it, we think our menu is pretty simple and our staff is very knowledgeable and good at explaining everything, so even if you’ve never had poke ever before, we’re going to be able to help you in here and get you something that you’re going to enjoy.”

Even though the restaurant has only been open for a few days, Kleczkowksi said customers have requested more locations throughout the state.

“We’ve had people approach us and tell us they think it would do really well in Raleigh, in Charlotte, in Wilmington.” Kleczkowski said. “We hope someday to be able to accommodate all those requests.”