Word on the Street: What is the coolest thing you have heard of that has been given out for free on campus?

From pizza in the Pit to t-shirts at FallFest to thermoses at the housing fair, free stuff is abundant at UNC. Staff writer Tiffani Gibbs asked students about the coolest free things on campus.

Junior Elizabeth Morgan

Music education major

“Probably either t-shirts or coffee and donuts. I got a phone sticker that you put your (credit cards) in. Also maybe like bags and stuff.”

Senior Jarratt Edwards

Environmental studies major

“My freshman year there was an iPad Mini given away at FallFest, but other than that, you have your yearly Duke tickets given away in the Pit through raffles.”

Senior Graham Prevatte

German and media production major

“Last year, during the HBO Escape The Room type situation, they gave out free t-shirts, free posters and that kind of Game of Thrones merchandise. That was probably one of the cooler experiences here.”

Sophomore Yasmine Zefri

Physics major

“The free t-shirts you get when you show up early to games. Those are actually really cool t-shirts. I know at FallFest, the thing they gave out a lot of were stress balls and tissues and that kind of struck me.”

Junior Emmanuel Okwudi

Biology major

“At one of the women’s basketball games, they gave out shooting sleeves and a Superman tank. I thought that was pretty cool.”