Kvetching board for Sept. 1 2017

kvetch: v.1 (Yiddish) to complain 

The Daily Tar Heel’s kvetching board is a community forum for anonymous complaints, concerns and comments. We run them every Friday! 

Ah, UNC, a magical place where my parents can’t embarrass me by loudly quoting the “night raid” scene from Django Unchained. In the middle of a restaurant. In a southern accent. In South Carolina. 

The loudest voice at the rally was Silent Sam. 

Shiksas are for practice. 

Democracy dies in darkness. 

Jobs are stressful. School is stressful. Having a job and going to school is very stressful. 

Follow-up: Professors, stop assuming that all of your students have an abundance of free time outside of class. I’m working full-time as a full-time student. 

@UNC: Did you really have to pour out the donated coffee from members of the sit-in when you confiscated their stuff? 

I wanted to see all my friends on the first floor of Davis, but none of them were there because it’s under construction! #UniversityOfNeverEndingConstruction #Pist 

So Carol, let’s talk. When trying to craft a statement about white supremacists and why they are not coming to campus, learn something from Donny’s follies: don’t start from an implied moral equivalence of all extremist groups. People who think they are persecuted versus people that actually are rest on different moral terrain. 

Another fall, another batch of the best and brightest bringing little style to campus. Seriously kids, these are the four years you have to aesthetically reinvent yourself with low stakes. Can’t you do better than lame Carolina gear and virtual pajamas? 

Why does every person’s introduction to the class online talk about how they love sports and never any other hobbies? Can someone please say they love beekeeping, art, or anything good? 

As a proud liberal Yankee walking to class past Silent Sam: Yeah, so how did that valiant defense of white supremacy work out for ya’ll? 

To Taylor Swift: Look, no one made you do anything. If anyone has agency in the structure, it is you. 

Hey professor, I get it.... you miss Obama and hate Trump. Not getting your way and dealing with it, last time I checked, was called adulting. 

Send your one-to-two sentence entries to opinion@dailytarheel.com, subject line ‘kvetch.’