The perfect class schedule is all up to you

At this point in time, we’re pretty deep into the fall semester at UNC. Personally, it is my third semester thus far, and in my time here I have picked up on a few things when it comes to class schedules. 

Carolina, of course, offers a multitude of classes to take and no two schedules are the same, but there are only so many different combinations of classes. Classes adhere together to form unique and carefully chosen schedules for thousands of students and are often based on personal preferences. 

As a sophomore, I am still acquiring this taste given personal habits and experiences with class times, but it has brought about the question, “What is the perfect class schedule?” 

For the sake of appealing to a larger audience and saving space, we’re not going to get into the specifics of class subjects and course numbers. I am referring to how many different ways students can rearrange 12-18 credit hours to accommodate their busy lives. 

I asked random peers who I encountered throughout my day about the schedule that they have, and the schedule that they’d want to have, and I received a plethora of different answers. 

Many students said they’d have no problem starting at 8 a.m. and enduring back-to-back-to-back (and so on) classes and being done around lunch time. Others stated the necessity of extra sleep in the morning and would prefer to start the day around noon. 

Of course, many students are also juggling jobs, personal obligations and extracurriculars. Although less common, many students opt for night/later classes to complete tasks during the day. 

There also comes the question regarding M/W/F vs. T/Th schedules. I’ve met people who have no Tuesday/Thursday classes whatsoever, and also those who overload Tuesday and Thursday so Mondays and Wednesdays are relaxed and Fridays are off (which is my current situation). When choosing a schedule, the individual’s course requirements and availability are ultimately what take precedence in enrollment for the upcoming semester. 

The semantics of time preferences and full-time student life are tedious yet important, so we want to know, what would your perfect class schedule look like?