Walk phresh out the runway with Fenty Beauty

For all the makeup junkies out there, here’s a RIHminder: go check out Fenty Beauty.

The highly anticipated launch of Rihanna’s makeup line, Fenty Beauty, has left me shook. After spending so much on the Fenty fur slides, bow slides and bow sneakers, I was wondering what this “bad gal” would amaze me with next.

Rihanna wasn’t lying when she said that she intended to make beauty for all. 

Out of the 40 shades of the Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation, I found one that fit my skin tone just right. Upon application, I found the foundation to be extremely smooth. It felt like I was rubbing lotion on my face. It’s usually annoying when I go to MAC and they don’t have my exact shade, so I’d be forced to buy two foundations and mix them together. 

Although it didn’t provide full coverage, I have to say that it beats the Maybelline Fit Me as my favorite foundation. I definitely think it’s worth the price. Don’t forget to shake it before use though!

Another one of my favorites from this collection is the Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter in the shade “Trophy Wife.” It provides such a nice, pigmented glow. The most amazing thing about this highlighter is that it can be used as an eyeshadow (for those who love glamorous looks), and it can also be used for body shimmer, so you can shine bright like a diamond. 

I find that most drugstore highlighters, such as Maybelline Master Chrome, aren’t as pigmented, so it wouldn’t be as effective to use as eyeshadow or body shimmer. 

I wouldn’t, however, recommend this highlighter for a soft natural glam. For a soft natural glam I would use MAC gold deposit. This highlighter is less pigmented than the Killawatt, but it still provides a nice glow. There are other shades as well for people that may not like that gold shimmery glow.

Then, we have the gloss bomb. This gloss lives up to its name. It definitely made my lips look glossy without having a sticky texture. The gloss also smelled so amazing. It had a mango smell that made me feel like I was in the tropics. Even when I ate with the lip gloss on, it didn’t wear off. 

I wouldn’t say that this lip gloss is a must-have. You can find drugstore glosses that are cheaper and leave the same effect, such as L’Oreal Colour Riche or Neutrogena Moisture Shine. The Rose Salve lip balm from Bath & Body Works is amazing as well and only costs five dollars.

Although I thought the actual makeup products were worth the price, the makeup tools such as the full-bodied foundation brush, the cheek-hugging highlight brush and precision makeup sponge were overpriced. There are drugstore products that achieve the same effect as these Fenty tools.

E.l.f. has really amazing and affordable makeup tools. The Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge is one of my favorites. It’s almost like a dupe of the Fenty beauty blender and it's way cheaper. I will say that the portable Fenty highlighter and concealer brushes have a really beautiful design because they resemble tiny lip glosses.

Overall, I think Rihanna did a great job with her beauty line. The designs and packaging were really thought out, and I can’t wait for the collection to expand to include mascara, blush and matte lipsticks. Go Rih!

@Biscuit87298135