While he might be 40 years old, Atlanta-born rapper 2 Chainz is still in the prime of his career after releasing his latest and most critically successful studio album "Pretty Girls Like Trap Music."

After embarking on his tour nearly two months ago, 2 Chainz delivered an energy-filled and hilariously entertaining show at The Ritz Wednesday night for one of his final shows of the tour.

The appeal of 2 Chainz has always been in his boisterous and larger than life persona, all of which were on display Wednesday. 

Performing in front of a stage-sized pink trap house and wearing a sweater with the face of what could either been a tiger or bird, 2 Chainz brought the venue alive after a series of uninspiring opening acts, including an incredibly banal performance from Young Dolph. 

The most defining aspect of the performance is what he was wheeled out on: a custom-made pink wheelchair from which he performed the entire concert. As he explained after his opening song, the rapper broke his leg mere weeks before the tour, but instead of canceling he chose to innovate and tour the country despite his inability to walk. 

On top of performing in a wheelchair, 2 Chainz made the bold choice of being accompanied by his trap choir, consisting of four gospel singers. They were a monumental help on songs that required more singing or any song that required background vocals, especially the hooks on "It’s a Vibe" and "4 AM." 

Often interacting with the crowd and pausing to tell stories, 2 Chainz demonstrated that not only is he a musician, but an entertainer as well. 

While it was shocking to see the 6-foot-5 rapper confined to a wheelchair, he proved that if anyone could rock a venue from one, it was him. He was still able to move around the stage thanks to a scantily clad nurse that helped push around his wheelchair, and he was never afraid to draw attention to his temporary disability.

“I can still have sex in a wheelchair,” he bragged.

The focus of the concert was clearly to draw attention to his new album, but he still managed to throw it back with some of his most notable features and hits. 

A particular highpoint came when he called out a 7 year old in the front before he performed "I’m Different," an extravagant individuality anthem, which he dedicated to kids and anyone who feels like they don’t fit in. 

Other highlights included the ridiculous and over-the-top "I Luv Dem Strippers" and "Birthday Song," as well as the hardcore trap anthems "Trap Check" and "Riverdale Rd." The only notable exclusions were the rapper’s collaborations with Kanye West’s label G.O.O.D. Music, namely "Champions" and "Mercy," which have two of his most recognizable and comedic verses.

Despite his unconventional choice to exclude these two songs, it was easily worth the risk and made the show stand out from those of other rappers to recently come to the area. 

2 Chainz proved, once again, that he is a truly unique member of the hip-hop community.

@isaacrk37