Word on the Street: Have you seen the new season of 'Stranger Things'?

Madison Schaper

The first season of Netflix's "Stranger Things" received critical acclaim and major success as it catapulted the show into the mainstream. Now, with season two released last Friday, we found out what students thought of the new season, and what they are hoping for in new episodes.

Staff writer Joseph Keys asked UNC students, “Have you seen the new season of 'Stranger Things'? If so, what do you think about it? If not, what are your opinions on the show?”

Senior Madison Schaper

English major

“I liked the new season. I was worried it was going to be bad, so I was pleasantly surprised.”

First-year Donald Cayton

Undecided

“I haven’t seen the new season, but I think it’s a solid show with a lot of suspense, and I really like the soundtrack.”

Senior Brianna DeDeaux

Psychology major

“I’ve watched the first season and the first episode of the second, and I really like it. I usually don’t watch anything scary, but I love 'Stranger Things.' It’s not as predictable as most TV shows.”

Sophomore Julia Newton

Psychology major

“I’ve only seen the first season, so I’m expecting there to be a lot of trouble with Will and how he’s now the portal to the other dimension. I’m scared for him.”

First-year Robin Chen

Biomedical and health science engineer major

“I like the show a lot because it has an interesting perspective about reality.”

@joe__keys