Word on the Street: What are you doing for fall break?

Alyson Nelson.png

As the weather chills down and the workload ramps up, students are gearing up for fall break. Staff writer Jerry Jiang asked students what they're doing for the mid-semester break. 

Carolyn Rapp

Senior quantitative biology major

“I'm gonna work for the first couple of days and then I am going to the mountains with my family. Hopefully we’ll get to see some of the leaves, we might have missed peak season, but hopefully it’ll still be pretty enough to have a nice view.”  

Alyson Nelson

First-year nutrition and exercise and sport science major

“I'm going home to see my family again and catching up with friends who go to other colleges. It’s so hard to correlate our schedules.”  

Anwesha Nandi (right)

Sophomore health policy management major

"I'm going home, and it's my dad’s birthday. Going to celebrate that, that’s about it."

Jennifer Lin (left)

Sophomore biology major

"Going to Duke, my boyfriend goes to Duke and I have a lot of friends at Duke, and then probably going to Carowinds. "

Satoko Nakano (right)

Sophomore undecided major 

"I'm just gonna go home."

Kai Heslop

Junior public relations major

"I’m doing an APPLES Alternative Service Trip. We are going to a rural community, to local middle schools and high schools, to do tutoring and stuff."

Ankush Vij

First-year biology major

"Finding some volunteer opportunities, helping the community, going to be studying a lot, too. Also spreading the word about UNC, everybody in my family is excited to know more about UNC. I just love the environment and how diversify the culture is.  "

Maya Addai

Junior business administration and communications major

"I’m in the Army Reserves so I'm going to be making up for half a day at Fort Bragg. I'm also going to be going to the state fair and just chilling at home."