Word On The Street: What is your favorite Halloween memory?

Rachel Medlin

With Hallo-weekend quickly approaching, students at Chapel Hill are getting their costumes ready and waiting for the highly anticipated festivities. Whether you’ll be watching "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" at the Varsity Theatre, monster-mashing with friends or joining the thousands on Franklin Street come Halloween night, it is sure to be a thriller.

Staff writer Laura Shanahan asked UNC students, “What is your favorite Halloween memory?” 

Sophomore Rachel Medlin

Political science major

“I was the small fry from McDonald’s and my big sister was the big fry, and that was the first time I got to go trick-or-treating with her.”  

Senior Murad Mansour

Global studies major

“My freshman year, my roommate didn’t have a costume, but I had a double XL blue raincoat. We wrapped him in bubble wrap, threw the raincoat over him and called him a blueberry.”  

Sophomore Elizabeth Aiken

Studio art and advertising major

“We dressed up as the characters from "Napoleon Dynamite" and took a kid that I babysat trick-or-treating. My brother would stop cars in the middle of the street and do the whole Napoleon Dynamite dance.”

Junior Morgan Cooper 

Psychology major

“Going to fall festivals at school.”

Junior Lucas Willey

Economics and peace, war and defense major

“I was on the dance floor of St. Anthony Hall, the arts fraternity, in a "BoJack Horseman" costume dancing. The next morning, St. A’s gave me a shout out on their Facebook page.”

Junior Sarah McClain

Psychology major

“When I was growing up, my neighborhood had a collective hayride attached to one of the dad’s trucks that would pull all the kids around the neighborhood so that we could all trick or treat together.”

Stay spooky, folks.

@laurashanny