Editorial: Look to the Learning Center for admissions resources

Applying to graduate school can be really exciting, but it can also cause a lot of anxiety. One source of this anxiety is the inevitable standardized testing that accompanies applying. Even if you plan to apply for graduate school years after graduation, you have to think about these tests. Every student applying to graduate school, including medical, dental, law, and business school must take some standardized test to apply. 

Approaching these tests can be daunting, as it brings back bad memories of standardized testing in high school, but through the Learning Center, UNC has a myriad of resources to help students crush the GRE, GMAT, MCAT, and LSAT.  

The Learning Center has incredible resources for students approaching graduate school admissions tests, including access to study materials in the Learning Center library, academic coaching, and test prep videos

The Learning Center also offers workshops targeted to the best strategies for the test you’ll be taking. So mark your calendars and register early! If you’re taking the GRE, they have boot camps specific to the test’s math and verbal reasoning sections. 

And, if you find yourself needing a little more help, or if you need a rigid schedule to make yourself study, the Learning Center offers discounts for Princeton Review courses, either online or in-person. 

Applying to graduate school can be really scary, and many students feel standardized test pressure, but there are many resources on campus to help.