Letter: Chancellor's Fellowship opportunity for seniors

It’s hard to believe graduation is approaching so quickly! Seniors, if you’re tired of nosy family members asking you about what comes after receiving your cap and gown, then we highly encourage you to consider applying for the 2018-19 Chancellor’s Fellowship. 

Through the position you gain insight into higher education administration while growing in your abilities to effectively manage projects, think critically, write and research. These early professional experiences help you stand out as a well-rounded and competitive candidate for any future employment. 

Beyond these crucial skills, the position offers opportunities to build an impressive network, work on impactful projects, and take many leadership roles. And, as an added bonus, you get to spend another year at Carolina!

This upcoming cycle will constitute the fifth group of Fellows. Started in 2014 by Chancellor Carol Folt, the Chancellor’s Fellowship provides a unique opportunity for UNC-CH graduates to explore and understand their alma mater and the inner workings of a higher education institution more broadly. 

Fellows will be able to work closely with senior leadership, assist with projects from partner units across campus, and provide support on university-wide initiatives. This is a full-time (paid), one-year appointment beginning in June 2018. 

We cannot emphasize enough how great the Fellowship has been for us, and for that reason we hope you apply. 

To apply and learn more, please visit bit.ly/ChancellorsFellows. Applications are due by Sunday, Feb. 11 at 11:59 p.m. 

Janssen White

Austin Mueller

2017-2018 Chancellor’s Fellows