Letter: What UNC Football has done for me

Dear Tar Heel Family,

As I move on to the next stage of my life and pursue my dreams to play in the National Football League, I wanted to take this time to thank each and every one of you who made my experience at UNC truly amazing. 

I know at the beginning of my time here my actions disappointed many of you and for that I am very sorry. I was at a point in my life where I was dealing with personal family issues that I thought were best handled privately and away from football.  

After a few short days, I realized that football was a part of me and anything I was dealing with could be handled alongside my football family. When I stepped back onto the field at UNC, knowing that I had let my teammates down, humbled me and magnified the drive

I already had to succeed. Within one season at UNC, I became the captain of the football team and am so proud of the obstacles I overcame and the successes we achieved as a team.  

I will be forever grateful to God, my teammates, coaching staff and fans for allowing me another chance to play the game that I love, for supporting me, for providing such a positive atmosphere to succeed, and for helping me develop into the football player and person I am today. As I look back on my time at UNC, I am proud to be a Tar Heel. I am a Tar Heel for life and cannot wait to show all of you what I am going to achieve at the next level in the NFL! 

Khaliel Rodgers #64