Check out the spectrum of musicians coming to the Triangle in May

Red Hat Amp
Many artists are coming to the Triangle this month. Photo by Garrett Poulos.

The Triangle might be known for research and innovation, but the region also draws in musical artists from all over the country for a diverse array of concerts. Here are a few of the best shows for the month of May. Now you can treat yourself with a ticket and start your summer off right. 

ODESZA

The Red Hat Amphitheater 

May 9, 6:30 p.m.

$55- $65 

This production duo is headed to Raleigh. Their electronic dance hits will offer the perfect opportunity to kick your summer off on the right foot. Listen to “Line of Sight” to get a taste of what you can expect. 

Vance Joy 

Koka Booth Amphitheatre 

May 12, Gates: 6 p.m., Show: 7:30 p.m.

$35-$50 

Vance Joy will be bringing his indie pop sound to the Koka Booth Amphitheatre. Best known for his hit “Riptide,” Joy has released a new album, “Nation of Two,” which includes new bops like “Saturday Sun” and “Like Gold.” 

FAULTS 

Neptune's at Kings 

May 13, Doors: 9 p.m. 

$5 advance/$7 day of 

Keep it local and buy a ticket to see the Chapel Hill-based band FAULTS play at Kings in Raleigh. Led by Gross Ghost’s Mike Dillion. The group just released a four-track album to follow their first single, “Love Goes,” and will no doubt get you dancing with their guitar-heavy tunes. 

Post Malone with 21 Savage 

Coastal Credit Union Music Park 

May 18, 7 p.m.

$83+

If you’re into a mix of pop, hip-hop and R&B, then this concert is the one for you. Post Malone has blown up over the past couple of years for his original tracks. Listen to “rockstar” to get a sneak peek of what you can expect from Post Malone and his supporting act, 21 Savage. 

New Found Glory 

Cat’s Cradle 

May 19, Doors: 6:30 p.m., Show: 7:30 p.m. 

$25 advance/$29 day of 

Called some of “the godfathers of pop punk” by the BBC, New Found Glory has been thriving since the late 1990s and offers a range of hits, including “My Friends Over You.” Buy a ticket and get ready to head-bang along to some relatable angsty tunes. 

Sugarland 

PNC Arena 

May 26, Doors: 6 p.m., Show: 7 p.m.  

$28-$245 

Back after a five-year hiatus, Sugarland will be hitting the road and coming to Raleigh this May. Get pumped by listening to some of the country duo’s classics like “Stay” and “Stuck Like Glue,” or check out their first post-hiatus track, “Still the Same.”

@racheljensen21