Plan Your Weekend: June 27-July 1

Black Panther, a recent blockbuster hit, is now showing at the Varsity movie theater on Franklin Street.

It's that time again, and this time we will be witching months mid-weekend! Exciting! Here to kick off July and wave goodbye to June is a list of fun, sporty, film-centered, pool-including events for you, your family, your roommates or your significant other to check out.

• June 28 - Starry Nights: Summer Skies - Morehead Planetarium wants to take you on a different kind of tour: a tour of the sky above you. Sit back and bug out at how wild space is. (Morehead Planetarium)
  • June 28 - Parks and Rec Trivia - Alright you super fans, time to put those Office weirdos to shame and bust out every piece of Knope knowledge you can muster. Assemble your team carefully. (The Bullpen)
  • June 28 - World Cup Viewing - This event will be going on for the duration of the giant soccer tournament that is supposedly happening. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Grab a drink and do your soccer thing. (The Dead Mule Club)
  • June 29 - Lego Lab - Looking for some quality family time or just an excuse to play with legos? The public library has got your covered. They supply the goods, you supply the dreams. (Durham County Library)
  • June 29 - Movies by Starlite - Our first in a trio of movie offerings is: The Greatest Showman. This venue offers a big ol' screen and a big ol' lawn for movie enjoyment. (Lumina Theater)
  • June 30 - The Great Muppet Caseper - In case live actors isn't your speed, come see this timeless Muppet flick with the kiddos. Remember they aren't puppets, they're muppets. (Honeysuckle Tea House)
  • June 30 - Dive-In Movie - this viewing experience is for those of us who prefer our movies a bit wetter. Enjoy the pool and a movie for the ultimate summer night. Plus, they are showing Black Panther so..y'know.. go. (Kessing Outdoor Pool)
  • June 30 - Summerfest with Goats - Art vendors, food trucks, face painting and, oh yeah, GOATS! It's all the fun of a summer festival with the added cuteness of bouncing, baby goats. (Spring Haven Farm)
  • July 1 - World Cup Viewing - In case you are looking for a different World Cup viewing experience at a different bar and specifically want to see Croatia versus Denmark, then I am about to make you very happy. (Vecino Brewing Co.)
  •  July 1 - Fish Fry & Snoballs - I'm gonna make this simple. Fried Fish. Bring cash. $10. Snoballs and chicken tenders also available. Come to the window. BRING CASH. (Imbibe)