Plan Your Weekend: July 26-29

Erotic Fiction
Catherine Shocket and Anna Hughes perform at LAB! Theatre's annual Erotic Fiction reading event at Linda's Downbar on Valentine's Day. Photo by Caroline Almy.

It's the last weekend of July, so let's go out with a bang. Grab some friends and enjoy brews, movies, family bonding and maybe even a ghost or two.

• July 27 - Fridays on the Front Porch - These guys have been kickin' it since the beginning of summer. Grab the whole dang family and come on down for food trucks and live music. (The Carolina Inn)
  • July 28 - Downbar Stand-Up #2 - It's time to laugh with a night of standup comedy and baskets upon baskets of delicious cheese fries. Grab a beer and settle in for what looks to be a super chill night. (Linda's Bar and Grill)
  • July 28 - Family Day: Historic Games - Go back in time with games from the 19th century. It may not be virtual reality, but my guess is they are still pretty fun. (Duke Homestead)
  • July 28 - Pub Crawl and Haunted Adventure - Want to see the spooky side of Durham? Now is your chance. Couple this eerie outing with some good drinks and you have yourself a night. (American Tobacco Campus)

UNC club boxing coach Josh Sokal (left) practices sparring with a student in the Eddie Smith Field House on Friday evening. 

• July 29 - Boxing, Braids and Brews - Get into boxing in the most chill way possible. Get a beer and watch boxing demos along with raffle prizes and braiding services. (East 54)
  • July 29 - Yoga and Pints - Is yoga not relaxing enough on its own? Try it with a glass of ice cold beer by your side. Crack one open and set some intentions as you relax with the boys. (Vecino Brewing Co.)
  • July 29 - Jazz Brunch - Get the picnic basket and your favorite pals for this ultimate Sunday treat. Enjoy a live band and the best Weaver Street Market has to offer. (Weaver Street Market)
  • July 29 - TCM Movie Night - Take it back to the days of fainting women and cigarettes everywhere with some of the best films of our time. Bonus: Do it with some coffee. (Looking Glass Cafe)