Office DJ: The evolution of Kayla Boswell

Throughout my life one thing has been constant, and that’s change. 

We have the everyday small scale changes, like my hair or my ever evolving nail color, to the bigger ones, like moving from one side of the country to the other … multiple times.

I have lived in the North, in the South and the Midwest. I’ve gone to a multitude of schools and I have met more people from different walks of life than you can possibly imagine. Home is more of a state of mind rather a solid place and as I have grown older, I have no issue with that. 

Change has taught me to value the important things in life, like family and moments and accepting people as they come.

I realize that this isn’t just applicable to me. Many people are constantly moving and life is ever-changing and ever-evolving for everyone. People come and go in our lives for seasons to teach us lessons. Everything is constantly changing for everyone because, as my dad tells me, “that’s life.” 

My music taste, just like my life, is ever-changing. So do not look for any type of cohesion within this playlist, because there is none. It’s just a list of songs that I enjoy and that I have listened to during different times in my life. Some are old, some are new, but they are all timeless. 

And while these are the favorites of the moment, believe me when I tell you that these too will probably change.