Video shows Armando Bacot, Day'Ron Sharpe partying maskless after UNC win against Duke

20210102_McConnell_MBB-v-NDU-942.jpg
UNC first year forward Day'Ron Sharpe (11) celebrates with KJ Smith and Walker Miller following Carolina's 66-65 win over Notre Dame at the Dean E. Smith Center, January 2nd, 2021.

Video obtained by The Daily Tar Heel shows UNC men's basketball players Armando Bacot and Day'Ron Sharpe partying alongside at least seven others, celebrating a 91-87 win over Duke on Saturday night.

The video, taken at some point between midnight and 1 a.m., shows the pair maskless with loud music playing in the background. No one else in the video appears to be wearing a mask.

The 11-second clip, posted on Snapchat, was taken the same night hundreds flooded Franklin Street after the Tar Heel victory — some masked, some not — and the same night Chancellor Kevin Guskiewicz tweeted that the University would "pursue consequences" for those violating COVID-19 protocol.

While Bacot and Sharpe are almost certainly not the first UNC students to have partied during this pandemic, this is the first video evidence the DTH has obtained regarding North Carolina athletes violating health and safety protocols. 

A UNC spokesperson told the DTH that the school is looking into the issue and plans to talk to both players to find out more information.