Business Boom

All up in your business for Oct. 29, 2015

Top Dog Training & Resort

A luxury resort and training facility for canines is opening on Nov. 15 in Hillsborough.

Top Dog Training & Resort gives dogs the five-star experience. Owner Jennie Fuller is a certified K9 police instructor and professional behavior and modification trainer, and each member of her staff is a certified trainer.

The company will offer a day school for dogs, where owners can drop off their dogs at the facility for six hours of structured curriculum in agility, searching games, basic manners, socialization and more. Report cards are given at the end of the day to track the dogs’ improvement.

“We recognize each dog as an individual and we build their confidence through positive reinforcement,” Fuller said.

Top Dog also has a boarding school, where owners can put their dogs up in one of four luxury-housing units for overnight stay. Each unit includes an elevated, orthopedic bed, and Fuller is living on-site to allow 24-hour supervision of the guests.

For canines that require extra training, Top Dog also offers a 3-week intensive boarding school. The dog will live at the facility for the duration of the program and graduate with a lifetime guarantee of improved behavior.

The owner can participate in group training classes. Top Dog is the only training facility in the area to offer classes in search-and-rescue and cross fit training.

“We would like to make it a professional class where we actually go out on searches,” Fuller said.

Other features include grooming, online reservations and a shuttle service.

Top Dog Training & Resort will hold its grand opening Nov. 15 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Waterless Buddys

UNC seniors Austin Helms and Randy Short are re-launching their mobile waterless car washing service, Waterless Buddys.

Customers can schedule a wash on the Waterless Buddys website and a trained student will come and wash their car.

“You can basically think of it as Uber meets car washing,” Short said.

The company washes cars using a waterless polyseal product. The product is sprayed directly onto the car and then wiped off with a towel, generating no run-off and a 100 percent ecofriendly wash.

Right now the Buddys are only servicing the Chapel Hill community.

The company is running a launch promotion this week where customers can get a wash for $10 instead of the usual $20.

Northside District

The former owners of Chapel Hill Underground opened a new restaurant on West Rosemary Street last Friday.

The Northside District is a late-night restaurant that specializes in what owner Eddie Sanchez calls “international bar food”.

“We do variations on old classics like tacos, sliders and other things like that,” Sanchez said.

The restaurant features a fully stocked bar and is open daily for dinner and late night until 2 a.m. It also holds karaoke night every Monday, and will host other special events in the future.

“Eventually we’ll have some DJs and smaller live bands,” Sanchez said.

Anyone looking for a new late-night spot can find it at 403 West Rosemary St. and learn more on their website.