Business Boom

10 things you could buy after winning the Powerball jackpot

We’re truly living in historic times, my friends. After Wednesday’s drawing, the Powerball jackpot has grown to a massive $1.5 billion — the highest jackpot in United States history.

When numbers get that large it’s pretty hard to comprehend exactly how big of a haul you would receive with the winning ticket. We did some math and crunched the numbers to put some perspective toward what the winnings could get you.

You could buy:

230,769,230 Chipotle burritos

A few less if you add chips and guac. You’d never have to cook again for the rest of your life. But just in case you get tired of eating the same thing every day, you could have…

238,473,767 Bojangles Four-Piece Chicken Supreme Combos

This includes a biscuit, fries and sweet tea, so you’re set. If you don’t like tea though, you could have…

241,235,123 gallons of Coca-Cola

That could fill the Atlantic Ocean almost three times. Plenty of coke for the whole family next Thanksgiving. After this feast, you might need…

3 billion rolls of toilet paper

You’ll never run out of this stuff in the bathroom again. A very practical choice, but for something a little more glamorous you could get…

2,311,248 iPhone 6S models

Just because you’d need something to use while you’re in the bathroom. With your new phones you could watch…

15,644,555 years of Netflix subscriptions

This would have let someone living before the ice ages watch nonstop until right now. So you have plenty of time to catch up on what’s happening in "Scandal."  But since school is starting, a more responsible student could buy…

9,375,000 textbooks for Biology 101

This is even with the mark-up by the student stores. You could be a hero for your entire class (and 22,057 after that) and buy everyone’s textbook! If you wanted to get people something more fun you could get...

3,027,978 Swagway hoverboards

With this many hoverboards, you could give every student enrolled in a UNC-system school 13. Too bad UNC Housing banned them from the residence halls. Instead, for a more practical form of transportation, you could buy…

80,472 brand new Honda Civics

You and a friend could drive a new one every day for your entire life and still have some left over. To take advantage of your new car you could get...

15,789,473 day passes to Disney World

Because you’ll want somewhere to go celebrate that you won the lottery. You could basically live in Cinderella’s castle for the rest of your life and get served meals by Mickey and Minnie. I don’t know about you, but this is what I’d do if I won the lottery.

The next drawing is tonight and the odds of winning are 1 in more than 290 million.