Business Boom

All up in your business for March 29, 2016

Benny Cappella’s replaces Subway on Franklin Street 

If you’re looking for a new pizza joint on Franklin Street, Benny Cappella's opened on March 22 to satisfy your New York style pizza craving. 

Located at 122 E. Franklin St., the pizza place serves single slices for $4 to $5, with a specialty pizza every month. They’re known for their famous 28 inch pizzas and mainly being located in college towns.

“It’s the only size we do,” said Nick Stancampiano, general manager.

Benny’s Pizza is a franchise that originated in Virginia and has expanded to 13 restaurants on the east coast, with Chapel Hill as its second location in North Carolina. Each restaurant’s name is different, depending on the owner of each location.

Why Chapel Hill? Stancampiano said has been a Tar Heel fan all his life.

The restaurant will serve beer and is open until 3 a.m. Thursday through Saturday, as well as Tuesday. 

The Station to reopen April 7 

Andrew Moore is the new owner of the spaces known as The Tiger Room, The Station and Southern Rail which all connect.

The Station will open first on April 7 with a renovated space: a bigger stage, new sound equipment, a DJ booth and refinished bar and floor to name a few. There will be ten beers on tap, specialty cocktails, wine and a full liquor bar available. 

Until the Southern Rail reopens in May or June as the new restaurant CrossTies Barbecue, The Station will function as a member-only club. The music venue will be open to patrons 21 years old and up. 

Every quarter The Station will host a secret show where the name of the high profile band will not be announced until the day of the show. After the third week of opening, the first secret band will perform. 

“It’s going to be great,” Moore said. “It’s a huge band coming off of a world tour. They sell out places all over the country.”

Eastgate Crossing to gain Zoës Kitchen

A new Mediterranean restaurant is coming to Chapel Hill. 

Zoës Kitchen is set to open in the fall of 2016 in Eastgate Crossing. 

“We’re excited by the vibrant energy of a university town and grateful to have a chance to share what we love about the Mediterranean way of life with the students, schools and families of Chapel Hill,” said spokesperson Randy Jenkins. 

Zoës Kitchen is known for promoting a healthy lifestyle with food made with fresh produce, whole grains and lean proteins. 

“Our guests are invited to live Mediterranean, and live life more fully, all within the comfort of a welcoming, cosmopolitan environment and the convenience of fast casual,” Jenkins said.

The franchise has more than 170 locations in 18 states across the U.S. Some of the most popular items on the menu are the chicken kabobs that are hand-skewered with cherry tomatoes and grilled peppers and onions.