Carolina Living

Why adult coloring books are the best

As we stumble into the new semester, you might be asking yourself "are there any more possible ways that I can procrastinate??" Yes. Yes there is. Three words: adult coloring books. But why are they so awesome? 

1. Similar to children's coloring books, adult coloring books combine procrastination and stress-relief, but on a more sophisticated level. 

2. People won't laugh at you if you start coloring in public. Or they might. LIKE YOU CARE THEY'RE PROBABLY JUST JEALOUS. 

3. They don't require batteries, and will be there to fight off boredom when your phone inevitably dies. 

4. You'll be reminded of your childhood! Ya know, when you didn't have a mountain of responsibilities or anything. Feels good, man. 

5. There's so many different ways to color, the possibilities are endless!

6. It's been called "art therapy," akin to doing yoga or meditating. WHO WANTS TO MEDITATE WHEN YOU COULD BE COLORING THOUGH??

7. You can post your beautiful creations on your social media accounts so that people think you're way more artsy than you actually are. 

8. There's only SO MANY shows on Netflix or HBO GO that you can binge-watch, and you're probably getting desperate.

9. You can order one for as little as $5 on Amazon!

10. Seriously, I would 10/10 recommend adult coloring books. Or children's coloring books. I'm not gonna tell you how to live your life. 

Have fun, happy coloring!

@calliewilliamss