Dress Code

A few of the infinite ways to wear our favorite fall trend: the infinity scarf

It’s fall, and we all know that what that means — our favorite fall fashion trends are back! It’s. About. Time.

Yes, we love you summer, but let’s be honest. We are over the back sweat you cause us, and we’re ready to say hello to the refreshing, crisp air of autumn. Today on the blog we are taking a trip inside my closet to see the multiple ways you can wear my favorite fall trend: the infinity scarf. There are infinite ways to wear this fabulous item. And yes, I do have a problem with purchasing too many. Sorry not sorry.

Without further ado, here are some of my favorite ways to wear this trendy item:

1. Dress it up!

Who said an infinity scarf had to be casual? No one. Throw one on with a nice skirt and some heels if you’re feeling good. If you are tall like me, make all of you other tall girl friends wear heels for your girl’s night out. This is a great outfit for the awkward in-between temperatures of fall. You know, when it’s the middle of October and 70 degrees? This look allows you to stay cool while dressing for the season. FYI: You can never go wrong with black! It is a slimming color for everyone.

2. InVEST in this look

I am a sucker for a good vest. As fall rolls around, it’s time to bring it them back out. Woohooo! An infinity scarf could be just the thing you need to compliment your favorite vest. Don’t be scared to add extra elements to an outfit. If it’s too much, your friends will tell you. That’s what they are for right?

3. Short sleeves, please

As I mentioned above, fall can be a time of bipolar weather. Thanks, global warming. But don’t let the heating of our earth and its repercussions get you down! Pair an infinity scarf of lighter material with a simple tee to keep the fall spirit alive while staying cool.

4. BE BOLD

Fall doesn’t mean dark colors. Yes, darks are great, but don’t be afraid to keep the spirit of spring and summer alive with some vibrant colors. They may be complete opposites, but could also be wonderful compliments.

5. Patterns and Textures

Continuing on the topic of bold, don’t shy away from bold patterns. In this look, the scarf has a unique texture and the sweater has a bold pattern but they look good together. This can be hit or miss. Before you leave the house get a second opinion on whether you’re your patterns and/or textures compliment or clash.

6. Pair with an oversized sweater and leggings

Obviously this is a popular trend: leggings and a big sweater. DUH. It’s the most comfy. Ugh, can I go put this on right now and go curl up in a coffee shop? No. Keep writing. Everyone loves this look. Throw on a cute infinity scarf to tie the look together. It’s great option if you want people to think you actually have your life together and that no you didn’t just wake up 5 minutes ago. Haha, good joke.

7. Similar Color Pallets

Pairing items within the same color pallet can look great or look awful. Just make sure there is a big enough difference in color so they don’t blend too much.

8. Surprise, year-round use!

You don’t have to wait for fall to wear an infinity scarf! Incorporate them year round to carry the spirit of fall with you always, because fall is clearly the best season. Not only because the fashion is on point always but also because the PSL is back!!