Dress Code

Kaitlyn Kelly of Salon Breeze Offers Tips For Hair & Makeup This Fall

<p>Courtesy of Salon Breeze</p>
Buy Photos

Courtesy of Salon Breeze

Fall is quickly approaching, which means it’s time to transition your wardrobe. That transition wouldn’t be complete without giving your hair and makeup a little update as well. This fall season it’s all about the warm, dark colors and more importantly, the Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Balayage is a hand painting technique that allows you to have dimension throughout your hair without the maintaince of highlights. Balayage was trendy this summer, but is easily transitioned to fall by taking your beach blonde summer color to a more caramel, honey or butter blonde. If blonde isn’t for you, but you still want that dimension throughout your hair, try a deep red, cinnamon or a golden red hue which can easily give you the dimension that you are looking for.

For a subtle change try going darker all over with golden or red undertones to give you a richer, more natural look without a drastic change. If you are looking for a dramatic change, try a deep brown or warm black brown. The warm black brown will give the appearance of a darker color without being so harsh as a true black would.

There's no need to worry about humidity any more. The crisp Carolina fall night is perfect for your naturally curly hair. Enhance your curls by applying Aveda’s Be Curly style prep to damp hair and follow with Be Curly Enhancer to intensify curl and add shine. Blow dry with a diffuser and you have the perfect head of curls.

Beach waves don’t have to stay at the beach, beach bohemian waves are here to stay for the fall season. Keep them textured by using Aveda’s Hair Potion and Volumizing tonic, or for a smoother look, use Aveda’s Smooth Infusion line. Pair this look with Aveda's Rare Orchid, a great deep burgundy lip, and a winged eyeliner using Black Forest and finish with a few coats of Black orchid mascara.

A smokey eye doesn’t have to be complicated and heavy. An easy smokey eye can be created with mixing deep browns and black eye shadows together. Use the Black Tulip Platte to get a blended smokey look. It’s key to blend through so you don’t have any harsh lines. This isn’t just a nighttime look. Use the Aura, the Lemon Spice and the Illumination during the day and add your Black Forest liner to the outside corners of your eye to take your look from day to night.

Trade your flower crown for a leatherhead band. A leatherhead band can be feminine and edgy at the same time. Whether you’re going to class, a dinner date, football game or party, a leatherhead band is a great accessory to edge up your look. Pair with a messy bun, braid or your signature hairstyle. Head bands not your thing? Try adding texture and dimension to your hair with your favorite necklace or bracelet. Add a few into your braid for a fun new look.

Written By Kaitlyn Kelly of­ Salon Breeze