Dress Code

Three ways to upgrade your rain gear

Rumors are spinning around that UNC is taking a break from it’s 226 year long steady relationship with that Carolina Blue Sky and has started seeing some random cloudy, gray, wet sky instead. 

Several students are saying that this new sky manipulated UNC into ending things with the Carolina Blue Sky. Other students are saying that UNC drunkenly swiped right to this rainy sky, hooked up one time and she now thinks UNC might “be the one.”

Either way, until UNC realizes that this grey sky is clearly a gold digger after its money, we students will have to tolerate the rain, so here’s a few tips on how to stand out in a crowd of rain jackets, wet hair, and rain boots without getting too wet.

No one can survive the rain without these three things: an umbrella, rain jacket, and waterproof boots. Everyone is going to have one of each of these so the only way to stand out is to put new twists on old classics.

Ditch the neutral-color The North Face rain jackets and spice things up with a gender-neutral, patterned rain poncho from Columbia. 

This style of rain gear is crazy popular in Japan and it will be five times as hard as your last midterm to get your hands on one. Urban Outfitters briefly carried the poncho in three different patterns this year but has sold out.

Source: Urban Outfitters

Donate that plan plastic umbrella, and upgrade to one from J. Crew with a nice polished wooden handle

Although J. Crew offers an aesthetic upgrade, it won’t fix all those functional problems that your old umbrella had like not protecting your book bag from the damaging rain, being inverted by strong winds and always requiring one hand to be out in the cold holding it above your head. 

But don’t fret, the creative people over at Hammacher Schlemmer are here to save the day with the Backpack Umbrella! It provides a greater user experience than a your basic umbrella yet remains as stylish as ever because one can never go wrong with classic black.

Source: Hammacher Schlemmer

Despite L.L. Bean’s attempt to diversity its Bean Boot selection by offering 6 different color choices, the additional selection simply is not enough to make one feel like they can stand out in a crowd.

If you really want to grab that special someone’s attention over the next few rainy days then hit up the Crocs store.

They have a wide variety of cuts, shapes, sizes, and colors of rain boots to choose from. In fact, they have 12 color options!

Source: Crocs