Dress Code

Spring 2016 fashion must-haves

Spring has officially begun, so what better way to start it off then to be in trend with it? The latest spring fashion trends happen to include a mix of patterns with complimentary neutral tones.

VIA Polyvore

From lightweight denims to flounced florals, these spring fashion must-haves will not disappoint. Let's take a look at what is trending this spring: 

1. Block heels 

You will feel like you are in "That '70s Show" when wearing these heels, but who doesn't want to look like young Mila Kunis? Block heels are versatile and stylish. They go great with your flare jeans and your flowy floral dress.

2. Stripes 

Feeling nautical? You do not have to be ship wrecked to rock stripes this spring. You will look trendy this spring whether you are wearing pinstripes or breton stripes. With so many different patterns of stripes, you will be able to find unique pieces of clothing that are easy to pair with your every day staples. 

3. Denim

Denim to fashion is like cheese to macaroni. It has been turned up a notch this spring because denim is not only jeans, but it is skirts, dresses and button up shirts. Not to mention, denim on denim is the new black. 

4. Baseball hats

If you're having a bad hair day, throw on a baseball hat. Although baseball hats are on the more sporty side of fashion, you can easily make a baseball hat look more feminine if it is paired with a button-front mini skirt for example. This gives you a laid back tomboy look while still embracing your feminine side. 

5. Asymmetrical skirts

Not only are asymmetrical skirts flattering, but they are different. They had a nice kick to your outfit. It is perfect for day time and night time use. Dare to try something new? Get an asymmetrical skirt. 

6. Floral 

You can be fun and flirty with a floral dress or romper. The great thing about floral is that it is the epitome of spring time. 

7. Espadrilles 

Spanish inspired sandals are comfy and easy to incorporate into any outfit. You will look stylish without having to take off your heels. 

8. Mini bags

It is the perfect little accessory. You can experiment outside the box and try out a poppy color, or you can embrace neutral shades. Either way you will have a nice accessory to store your belongings while still looking good this spring.