Dress Code

The key to personal style

Personal style is one of the many things that make fashion so interesting. 

It keeps people on their toes and constantly is evolving and transforming as people create works of art out of new combinations found in their closet. 

With every person, model, celebrity and socialite comes a different personal style that make them truly unique. 

When you think personal style, you think street style and when you think street style you think edgy, fun and free: all the things someone's personal style should be. 

Often times, people find their own personal style when they idolize and mimic those who have more pull in the industry, such as public figures like Kendall Jenner or Rihanna. 

Not only do people mimic celebrities and people who have unlimited style resources, but they, including myself, tend to get certain style methods and techniques from simply observing people around them.

This method of style development is perfectly fine and building a wardrobe off of things noticed in public or in magazines can indeed lead to a refined, modern style, yet the development of personal style also comes with never-ending comparison to those who are giving the style ideas. 

Comparing one's wardrobe to what's seen on a celebrity or someone passing by on the street can honestly kill any thought of creativity.

Seeing what others are wearing is one thing, but contemplating and focusing on why you think they look better than you won't improve the made-up flaws that surface in your head. The end result of comparing yourself to others is an intense decrease in confidence. 

Without confidence, personal style is nothing. 

Personal style is meant to be personal; as in something that exhibits a single personality, not something that shows how well someone can mimic simple fads. 

Confidence is key and comparison to others will only make you doubt what you're wearing, why you're wearing it, and how you look. Wearing something that makes you feel wonderful will look wonderful if you wholeheartedly support your look. 

Conforming to trends that are molding your personality to what someone else thinks is socially acceptable will only lead to you being uncomfortable.

Stay true to who you are, what you like, and how you like to wear it. Fashion is all about making you feel like the best version of yourself through the expression of your clothes.The confidence that goes along with that is something that can never be replaced by subjecting yourself to a trend that will eventually fade away.

The crazier, more unconventional and more colorful the better.