DTH at a Glance

I don't know how to krump, but now I can spell it

You know how a cheerleader does pushups to count the points after UNC scores touchdowns? That cheerleader dropped to his knee after the very first touchdown at the Duke game Saturday.

He was proposing, so I guess that's fine.

His girlfriend, another cheerleader, said yes in front of 60,000 people. It automatically went viral. Lucky.

I haven't put a lot of thought into my dream proposal yet, but I want it to happen amid the ruthless destruction of my enemies. So, like, at that Duke game.

— Kelsey

QUICK HITS

• Mack Hollins is a tricky lil guy. One minute he's a walk-on, the next he's slaying all our opponents on the football field and their defenses can't stop him. He had a good game last week, too, but no one proposed to him.
  • Court dates for Chandler Kania and He’s Not Here have been set for January.
  • Several hundred protesters gathered in downtown Durham Tuesday night to advocate raising the minimum wage to $15.

HAPPY VETERANS DAY

Lacy Jo Evans is just your average UNC student, except for the whole four years active duty in the military thing. Grab coffee and a doughnut with her Thursday to hear about her very exciting life and the lives of other veterans.

HAPPY VETERANS DAY CONTINUED

UNC Hospitals' new physician assistant program has a specific focus on providing a civil education to those who have served in the military. Out of 1,800 applicants to the school, 20 were accepted. Nine of them are veterans.

IN YOUR BUSINESS

Lime is dead, and Moe's is alive. The gods of Franklin Street Tex-Mex giveth and taketh away, and thankfully this time they've left us with a little more queso than before.

IN STUDENT LIFE

Carolina Ukulele Ensemble wants everyone to know that things are going to get a little sensual at their next concert. After listening to the sensual sounds of ukuleles, I plan to headbang to some elevator music and krump it out to George Strait.

IN THE BLOGS

My dad used to sing me the alma mater before I went to bed. For those of you who weren't Tar Heel bred or haven't finished your Tar Heel Bread, here are the five best UNC cheers to get you amped while we keep being ridiculously good at sports.