DTH at a Glance

Top four suggestions for inconvenient napping locations in student journalism

I'm assuming you read this newsletter when you're in a situation where you're avoiding doing something else. I do. I literally re-read an email I send to myself because I'd rather do that than talk to people on the bus or pay attention in morning classes.

This morning, why not take a few minutes to find out how good of a napper you are. In turn, I'll share an abridged list of places where I've fallen asleep around the greater Chapel Hill-Carrboro area:

One of the wave couches in Carroll Hall. My car in the parking deck on Rosemary Street. Under my desk at The Daily Tar Heel. BSki's.

Danny

QUICK HITS

• Duke and N.C. State are fighting cancer in people and DOGS. Two schools finally doing something right for once.
  • A GoFundMe page has raised almost $14,000 for Gaylan Bishop, the UNC employee injured in the Dey Hall electrical accident earlier this month.
  • Marcus Paige's shooting drought is finally over!
  • A bunch of people got together and remade classical paintings and built zombie petting zoos out of Legos at the Morehead Planetarium this weekend.

IN MENTAL HEALTH

There's supposedly a link between smoking weed and developing psychotic disorders. This recent revelation is according to research from the American Psychological Association and probably Pit Preacher Gary Birdsong. The study found male adolescents who regularly smoke are at a higher risk of psychotic disorders than their non-toking peers.

IN PEOPLE ON THE STREET

When you stop random adult-presenting people on the street and ask them about Chapel Hill, they're really happy with it. Like, concerningly happy. They love Chapel Hill. Maybe that survey from the town was accurate after all.

IN CAMPUS RESOURCES

Students "stopping-out" for a semester is more common than you might think. Students who are struggling with anxiety, depression or other issues and are worried about their academics can medically withdraw to get all their ducks in a row. It can help some students, but it can also be really challenging to come back.

IN MILLENNIAL QUIZZES

On a scale of Kelsey to the average Yellowstone grizzly, how well do you nap? In no surprise to my roommates, my mom or my dog when he has to be let outside to pee, I'm a professional at being asleep. In the words of Mindy Kaling's assistant when Mindy Kaling closes her eyes to nap, "It's like you die for a few minutes."