DTH at a Glance

Dr Pepper is traumatizing.

When I was in the first grade in Delaware, my teacher used to have show-and-tell style snack time for the class, and we'd all have to eat whatever the people brought in when it was their turn.

One time someone from Australia brought in vegemite, and I gagged and told my teacher it tasted like wax. Another time a student from Virginia brought in Dr Pepper, and I tried it and almost threw up.

Fifteen years later, and I have still never drunk Dr Pepper again. Now, thanks to a coffee shop in Carrboro, I have the opportunity to give it a second chance — except this time it's hot and served as a latte. What could go wrong?

— Danny

QUICK HITS

• A shooting on Forsyth Drive in Chapel Hill left one person hospitalized early Monday morning. Police say the investigation is ongoing.
  • In 2014, 38.2 percent of incoming first-years at UNC estimated their parents' annual income was $150,000 or more. Eleven percent said their parents earned less than $40,000.
  • This old trailer-turned-coffee shop that makes Dr Pepper lattes might be the most Carrboro thing you've ever heard of.

IN THE ACADEMIC-ATHLETIC SCANDAL

The NCAA released an amended Notice of Allegations against UNC on Monday. The men’s basketball and football teams are not mentioned, and the start date of allegations for inappropriate athletic tutoring was moved from fall 2002 to fall 2005.

IN HB2 UPDATES

Add Demi Lovato, Nick Jonas and the United Kingdom to the list of House Bill 2 opponents. More and more stars are pulling out of performances in the state, and the U.K. has officially issued a travel advisory warning for North Carolina and Mississippi.

IN RENTAL HOUSING

Mill Creek condominiums have been experiencing plumbing problems with the type of piping the buildings have. The manager of their homeowner’s association said there have been about 20 major property damage incidents in the past 30 years.

IN TOWN NEWS

The Carrboro-based nonprofit TABLE has run out of room for kids seeking food aid. With it currently helping 500 children, this is the first year it's needed to start a waitlist since the organization opened its doors in 2008.

IN DOG NEWS

Meet the Lab mix whose special talents include being photogenic and urinating in places he shouldn't. Be sure to endorse him on LinkedIn.