DTH at a Glance

Tassels are officially turned – It is a new era

6,029 students said their goodbyes in the scorching heat with 35,000 other people, including the Class of 1966 who decided to crash because it was their 50th anniversary, at Kenan Stadium.

Let's take a moment to appreciate the fact that "When a Man Loves a Woman" was No. 1 on their graduation day. You already know those cute 70-something-year-olds were dancing to it on repeat during the post-grad celebrations. 

If you're feeling anxiety because you just graduated and real life slapped you in the face, you're not alone. The Daily Grind feels your pain since it announced that its last day of operation will be Friday, June 24th. 

– Alex

QUICK HITS

• Kudos to Project Re-entry, a NC-based program, for helping ex-inmates transition back into the working world. 
  • Yo, Young I.V. is in the building and is spreading children's health awareness through her raps.
  • If you're a music and tech nerd, cancel your plans for May 19 through May 22 because Moogfest will be in Durham. You won't want to miss it.
  • Sharing is caring right? That's probably what the Department of Housing and Residential thought when it recently began to implement its "Don't ditch it. Donate it" program. 

IN SPORTS NEWS

"Don't let go," said UNC basketball fans to Justin Jackson. With only a few days until the NBA Draft, fans are hoping Jackson will follow Meeks' footsteps and stay at UNC. 

IN House Bill 2 UPDATES

Carrboro's ArtsCenter is not having it with H.B. 2 and the sign displayed on its bathroom wall says it all. They used the hashtag that has become the battle cry for H.B. 2 opponents — #WeAreNotThis. 

IN POLITICS

Looks like the joke was on voter-ID laws in Durham's primary elections. The electorate was able to prevent voter fraud, but possibly not electoral fraud. Oops.