DTH at a Glance

Break that glass ceiling, girl!

"Who runs the world?" You know the rest, and so do the people over at the Women's Theater Festival.

The Festival, which will be held for the first time in Raleigh in July, is the product of Shaw University's Ashley Popio. 

It aims to create an awareness of women's lack of production and writing roles in theater — which is something I can definitely get behind. 

– Sofia

IN QUICKHITS

• Rachelle Feldman, director of financial aid and scholarship at UC Berkley, will become UNC's new director of the same department. She will replace Shirley Ort who has been in the position for 18 years. 
  • By the spring of 2017, the town of Chapel Hill's popup library program will be up and running. The popup program will bring books to underserved areas in the community to help bridge the educational gap. 
  • Sports Editor Jeremy Vernon spoke to former UNC offensive lineman Russell Bodine about his time at UNC and with the Cincinnati Bengals. Bodine has played every single offensive snap for the Bengals over his two seasons with the team. 

IN SPORTS NEWS

Former UNC basketball player Harrison Barnes was picked to be part of team USA at this year's summer olympics. Can you say "University of World Championships" instead of "University of National Championships?"

IN CITY NEWS

The town of Carrboro — staying true to its usual awesomeness — just became living wage certified. All of the town's employees will be paid at least $12.75 per hour in an effort to give employees dignity and a wage that will support them and their families. 

IN CAMPUS NEWS

If you look around campus and the surrounding area, you'll be hard pressed to not find a construction site. Expect construction on Porthole Alley, the steam tunnels beside Ackland Art Museum and continued construction on Hill Hall. We appreciate the improvements around campus but also can't wait to walk around without seeing caution tape.