DTH at a Glance

Mama told me I could do anything...

Here's some word of advice: become an aspiring lawyer now while you can.

With all jokes aside, UNC law school has the same decline in application rates that are affecting the rest of the law schools in the country. 

So while law school acceptance rates have not dropped, there is more opportunity available for those considering law school.

And who knows, you and law school could go together like peas and carrots one day. 

– Alex

IN QUICKHITS

• UNC-system President Margaret Spellings discussed hot topics and future plans pertaining to UNC with state and national editor Cole Stanley. She's already been in the position for 100 days and we can't wait to see what comes in the next.
  • It was a happy day for UNC last Thursday when Chancellor Carol Folt announced that UNC’s academic probation was lifted, maintaining the University’s accreditation.
  • Staff writer Davis Rhodes sat down with UNC American Indian Center faculty member Qua Lynch to discuss her position and educational goals. 

IN ARTS NEWS

The Ackland Art Museum is about to get a lot more patriotic because it will be hosting an exhibition titled "The Turbulent Decade" on America in the years 1965-1975. Included in the exhibit will be photos by Burk Uzzle. The photos were described as deliberate in their southern charm. So keep calm and embrace your southern state of mind.

IN CITY NEWS

Right when we thought Carrboro couldn't become more any more environmentally friendly than it already is, it did. Carrboro Mayor Lydia Lavelle recently declared June 19 through June 26 Carrboro Pollinator Week. Also your Instagram is about to get a lot cooler once Carrboro adds its honeybee mural at Fire Station 1.

IN PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN NEWS

In case you missed it, there was a #HillaryRally yesterday in Raleigh. All went well except for about ten protestors positioning themselves outside with signs ranging from "Don't Tread on Me" to "Hillary for Prison 2016." But that didn't stop Hillary. She focused largely on defining her platform as progressive and inclusive, claiming N.C. governor Pat McCrory and the N.C. legislature are both the reason for the shortage in teachers' salaries.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2024 Music Edition