DTH at a Glance

One paper, two national championships

No has ever told me that my spirit animal is a lemur, but I'm highly convinced it is. 

I'm not just saying that because the Duke Lemur Center is throwing a Lemurpalooza this Saturday. 

Okay, maybe I am. 

And just when we thought Duke couldn't get any weirder. 

However, I must applaud the event. It's innovative, and it teaches people the importance of conservation.

Duke has lemurs, but we're still better at sports. 

– Alex 

QUICKHITS

• By the end of the summer, Alert Carolina will be ready to fight crime like nothing else with its new "One Button" debut. Cue the heroic theme song. 
  • Unfortunately, according to the Orange County Partnership to End Homelessness, there may be more homeless people in Orange County than recent counts have stated. 
  • Congress is locked in debate over funding for vaccine development and treatment of existing cases of Zika. While their dealing with that, you should put on your mosquito repellent because Zika may become more of a threat in N.C. 

IN SPORTS NEWS 

Like I said before, we're better at sports. This past weekend both the women's and men's lacrosse team brought home the NCAA national championship title, and we felt obligated to fit both the victories on the front page of the weekly issue. 

IN CITY NEWS 

I hated bullies in high school. After an incident at Chapel Hill High School, questions have been raised about how schools approach this behavior, especially when it involves minority students. 

IN HB2 NEWS

The UNC System stated it will not enforce House Bill 2. Three cheers to the University for making the tough decision to not marginalize a portion of its own students!