DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Love is dead.

Contrary to popular belief, I am a huge, mushy-gushy, lovey-dovey romantic.

As much as I love to brag about my cold ways, a little-known fact about Virgos is that we are big, fat lovebirds once we finally find someone worth keeping around. Once we know we’re gonna get treated right, we fall head-over-heels for our mate. In fact, when the story about a UNC professor finding an equation for love came out yesterday, I shrieked internally. In fact, I think I actually saw my scrawny little heart start glowing inside my ribcage.

I was a believer in romance once. I, too, was naive. But not anymore, friends. My eyes have been opened; my soul, disillusioned. And why?

Because Brangelina is calling it quits. So I ask you: What is “true love," really?

— Tiana

QUICK HITS

• UNC Habitat for Humanity has big plans for the school year, aiming to connect the UNC community, raise over a million dollars, and build not one, not two, but ten new houses.
  • Protests rocked Charlotte last night after a police officer shot and killed Keith Scott, an African-American man. The events leading up to the shooting are still unclear.
  • Two Chapel Hill-based startups attended the first University Startups Demo Day in Washington, D.C., where students were able to meet with both members of Congress and potential investors.
  • This week, Danny spoke to Jim Obergefell, the main plaintiff in the U.S. Supreme Court’s landmark ruling to legalize same-sex marriage nationwide.

IN BEING BEYOND YOUR YEARS

Four first-year students have secured seats on Student Congress. Congresspeople Augustine, Sun, Woods and Farro — all of whom tote fantastic resumes and Hunger Games-esque last names — appear ready to take on major decision-making roles in the UNC community. This is especially impressive considering how likely it is that they still haven’t memorized the bus routes. Mad respect.

IN REALLY COOL ART

Sculpture Visions wants to evoke thought, create questions and reflect its surroundings. In an ongoing 10-year project by the Chapel Hill Cultural Arts Division, 12 pieces are selected to be displayed in 12 special locations for 12 months, filling spaces with temporary works of art that are inspirational, innovative and sometimes even interactive.

IN SOLAR-POWERED MINDS

Duke Energy announced Tuesday it will provide local K-12 schools with $300,000 total in grants for solar power and energy education programs. The grants will focus on schools with previous interests in solar power, as well as those in low-income areas, and will provide resources like solar panels, educational training and monitoring equipment. Shine on, kiddos!

IN SPONSORED CONTENT

If you're looking for a book on this week's rainy days, think about "Hear the Bells." It follows a UNC medical student who gets swept up in gang activity. Need we say more?

IN SPONSORED CONTENT

If your loved ones are recovering from struggling with substance abuse, thoughtful and inclusive language can go a long way in supporting them. Here are some suggestions.