DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: The Ancestors

Good morning, and welcome to the final day of National Hot Tea Month! Also, congratulations on finding your way to the right place for scalding hot T.

Because I'm not above shameless self-promotion, I'd like to invite y'all to check out the adventure I took into University archives yesterday — in which I call for the return of a campus event from the 1980s that, from what I've gathered, basically strong-armed hundreds of UNC students into wearing khakis because wearing blue jeans was gay.

And to think I used to say learning history was boring. Sigh.

P.S. I apologize in advance to the individuals whom I referred to as "The Ancestors" when they are definitely only about 55 years old.

— Danny

QUICK HITS

• Take a look at our first piece in a series looking at homelessness in Orange County, told through the stories of the individuals most familiar with it.
  • A recent study found that compared to other elite colleges, UNC apparently has a fairly balanced income distribution across its student body.
  • UNC students took the opportunity to share videos and a group photo with their representatives to voice concerns over President Trump's "Muslim ban."

IN DAILY CRIME

Someone stole "a youth-size basketball goal," valued at $62.84, from the front of a residence on Michaux Road. Another person swiped a reflector and a number off of someone's mailbox.

IN STATE POLITICS

After nearly a year of contention, the possibility of a compromise or repeal of House Bill 2 seems to be dwindling.

IN CONSTRUCTION

The building housing CVS on Franklin Street has completed its facelift. The renovation aimed to modernize the building, bring it up to current energy standards and change its aesthetic from ~drab~ to ~three-story Apple Store~

IN OPINIONS I DISAGREE WITH

Our editorial board more or less wrote a 400-word subtweet about me today by taking on the topic of ghosting. The gist is that you should be polite and grow up and be responsible. Thus, I respectfully decline.

IN SPONSORED CONTENT

Thanks to an NFL-style draft system, Granville Towers is letting its residents choose their rooms with their friends at the same time. Students have the option to go and physically place a pin — crime show corkboard-style — on a poster of Granville’s layout to “draft” the room and neighbors they want.