DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: RIP Pfeiffer

Good morning, and thank you to Hannah's parents for recently subscribing!

To put all of us (me) in check about our (my) incessant complaining, Swerve went out yesterday and spoke with commuter students, including one woman who drives from Fort Bragg in Fayetteville to class every Tuesday and Thursday. Another student takes a 30-minute bus ride from Southpoint. For tips on how to handle the commuter life, check out today's piece, "You won’t be complaining about your 8 a.m. after hearing the tales of commuter students."

I will still be complaining about my 8 a.m. But I now do it with a vague tinge of what I'm told is the human emotion "guilt."

— Danny

QUICK HITS

IN DAILY CRIME

Someone broke into a gym and stole three TVs valued at $900. Another person was reported for vandalism after knocking over American flags and the only a Trump sign in Chapel Hill.

IN UNCELEBRITIES

She's been on more than 20 archaeological excavations over her career and published 10 books. She's worked with National Geographic and Morgan Freeman. She might be the only Ph.D. in classical archaeology in North America with a full-time appointment in a department of religious studies. She is: professor Jodi Magness, the most interesting woman in the world.

IN DOLLYWOOD

UNC’s Southern Folklife Collection and Yep Roc Records in Hillsborough are about to re-release the single that Dolly Parton dropped when she was 13. "Puppy Love" is set to be the partnership's first ever release.

IN IMMIGRATION POLICY

Anxieties of the Latinx community and immigration advocates are continuing to rise as the Trump administration keeps pushing for the construction of a border wall, increased deportations and suspension of federal funding toward sanctuary cities.

IN SPONSORED CONTENT

Thanks to an NFL-style draft system, Granville Towers is letting its residents choose their rooms with their friends at the same time. Students have the option to go and physically place a pin — crime show corkboard-style — on a poster of Granville’s layout to “draft” the room and neighbors they want.