DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: C'mon, week four

Good morning! While most of campus is in the death throes that are week four of spring semester, a few thousand lucky high schoolers are receiving their early acceptance letters. To celebrate this time, we asked seniors to share their memories of getting into UNC.

For me, it might've been four years already, but it feels like a month ago. I was literally standing in the bathroom at my family's old house when my trusty, old blocky white iPhone 4 received a text from a friend saying decisions had been posted. I logged in, saw that I'd been accepted and involuntarily screamed like a 4-year-old girl so loudly my parents called down from upstairs to ask what happened.

And that, 3,000 dearest friends, is the story of how I was accepted into UNC mid-using the bathroom.

— Danny

QUICK HITS

• Amid a possible confirmation of Betsy DeVos as secretary of education, many are worried about her stance on Title IX and how she would potentially affect sexual assault policy in the UNC system.
  • An expansion of employee parking is underway in Chapel Hill to make life a little easier for employees who work the late shifts at Franklin Street's bars and restaurants.
  • Because they're not satisfied with the cardiovascular damage they've already caused me, UNC men's basketball eked out an 80-78 win over the Pittsburgh Panthers last night.
  • If you're still having withdraws for gender-homogenous singing groups after the breakups of One Direction and Fifth Harmony, fear not. UNC's Achordants are preparing to drop their first EP in the fall.

IN DAILY CRIME

Someone was cited for shoplifting $535.19 worth of groceries from a Chapel Hill Food Lion. Another person was reported for cutting the telephone line of a property on Colony Woods Drive.

IN CAMPUS DRAMA

Student Congress revealed more details about the possible breakup between undergraduate and graduate student governments. A proposed bill would split them into two branches, each with a president, a cabinet and a senate.

IN STATE NEWS

An undercover officer in Charlotte shot and killed 28-year-old Josue Javier Diaz on Thursday. It was the city's first fatal police shooting since Keith Lamont Scott was killed in September.

IN SPONSORED CONTENT

Thanks to an NFL-style draft system, Granville Towers is letting its residents choose their rooms with their friends at the same time. Students have the option to go and physically place a pin on a poster of Granville’s layout to “draft” the room and neighbors they want.