DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: F*ck dook

Good morning — and welcome to the day we've all been waiting for since March 5 last year.

Tonight, the Tar Heels are taking on the school that one magazine hailed as the second most pretentious university in the country because it doesn't deserve to be first in anything. Here is everything you need to be on the lookout for, including Grayson's sweeping leg.

Sup Dogs has prepared a snarky banner and drink specials. Chapel Hill PD is preparing for students to rush Franklin. We have a list of UNC-themed snack recipes. The collective entity that is the Tar Heel fandom is ready.

So, rather than a usual Quick Hits section today, I compiled a comprehensive and very arbitrary list of the Top 10 UNC-Duke stories from recent years, in no particular order:

IN THE BEST RIVALRY IN SPORTS

1. The classic column, "Why I hate Duke" by 1990 DTH alum Ian Williams
  2. The timeless headline, "UNC gets head from Duke," in which someone mounted their mascot's head on a pike near the Pit
  3. That one time Duke canceled because of some snow, and UNC students hiked to Durham on foot to prove a point
  4. Q&A with Duke hater Ian Williams — everyone loves a follow-up
  5. This nostalgic AF video from UNC's 74-66 victory over the Blue Devils in 2014
  6. Kellyanne Conway's personal favorite, "6 alternative facts about Duke"
  7. This DTH sports writer's account of entering Cameron Indoor Stadium/the bowels of hell
  8. The UNC graduate and singer-songwriter who "Doesn't F*ck with Duke"
  9. That time Christmas came early and Grayson Allen was suspended for tripping an opponent
  10. Duke University and widespread cheating in its computer science department — which has nothing to do with sports, but, man, are their failures satisfying ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IN CAMPUS NEWS

Meet everyone running for student body president in this election: Elizabeth AdkinsMatthew McKnightJoe NailSammie EspadaTravis Broadhurst and Maurice Grier.

IN GUBERNATORIAL NEWS

A three-judge panel has temporarily blocked legislation restricting Gov. Roy Cooper's authority and appointment powers.

IN LITIGATION

N.C. Attorney General Josh Stein has joined 16 other state AGs in a lawsuit opposing President Trump’s refugee and travel ban.

IN HB2 UPDATES

House Bill 2 might cost North Carolina the ability to host all NCAA Championships for six years, according to a letter from the N.C. Sports Association to the state legislature.

IN SPONSORED CONTENT

Folks from Carolina Brewery sat down to talk with us about its 22nd birthday, how they choose what to put on tap and why craft beers do it better. Fun fact: Hops are (apparently flowers? and) used to change the "sweet and dull" taste beer would have otherwise.