DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Just Sagittarius things

Hi, newsletter. This is Swerve Director Sarah Vassello. Danny and I switched jobs today because we're both Sagittarians and we love variety in our lives.

This is very evident when Danny and I hang out together. On Halloween, when I was wearing sparkly rainbow five-inch heels and Danny reverted back to his childhood form and dressed as a character from "Legends of the Hidden Temple," we decided to switch it up and sprint down Franklin Street. Please take my word that running is definitely a surprising move for us.

In an unsurprising move for us, we yelled at people to move out of our way because Sagittarians go after what they want.

Another honorary Sagittarius is Atticus Reynolds, a UNC senior whose post-bop '50s futuristic jazz EP comes out today. He deals with a lot of themes like nostalgia for the jazz era and the passage of time. He is very good at working with others and collaborating to make something cool. I like music and cool people and people who go after their dreams. I guess in conclusion, hit me up, Atticus?

— Sarah

QUICK HITS

• Paralleling the "Hidden Figures" movie, a University desk writer profiled two female professors who taught mathematics and later worked their way up to NASA.
  • A UNC student is hosting a "Headshots Against Hate" fundraiser today to help you 1) up your LinkedIn game and 2) support the Southern Poverty Law Center.
  • ALERT CAROLINA: There will be dogs in front of Wilson Library to help students de-stress from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. today. Thanks, Active Minds at Carolina/UNC PAWS.

IN SERVING YOU SEX ON THE BEACH REALNESS

There was a report of indecent exposure and public fornication last night, according to police reports. The report does not detail how far said couple got. It also does not report whether snitches get stitches, but my instinct is in this case, yes.

IN STUDENTS COOLER THAN YOU

Ezra Baeli-Wang decided on a whim to start fencing for UNC. He then won the ACC men’s foil title, was named NCAA Third Team All-American for two years in a row and is the current president of the ACC Student-Athlete Advisory Council. Outside of his sports career, he's an activist, a poetry minor. But he maintains his relatability by naming a beer that he co-created with his dad Low Expectations Ale.

IN OUR OPINION

Not to beat a dead horse, but the compromise being proposed for HB2 in the General Assembly isn't good enough. The plan, House Bill 186, still regulates multi-stall public bathrooms and limits local governments in passing anti-discrimination policies. Remember in 2016 when we all thought everything was wrong, fascism was rising and the political system was broken? What's up, 2017?