DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: TKT

Good morning, and welcome to officially only having five weeks until I'll be sitting in a car halfway en route to New Orleans for Spring Break! Not that I'm keeping track or whatever.

This month marks the arrival of the long-awaited "La Resurrection" as Rosemary Street's La Res officially opens its doors for business again. In its honor, I offer my one and only experience with the bar/restaurant:

I met up with a Tinder date who claimed he was visiting with Villanova's lacrosse team (he was with Villanova's Model U.N.), he said he was 21 (he was 19), and after half an hour of excruciating small talk, he got it in his mind that "it'd be fine" to go to La Res at 11 p.m. despite being underage.

Fast forward 20 minutes, and you have the story of that one time I pretended I was gonna follow a boy into a bar, stood there and watched him get intercepted by a bouncer and then used that distraction to slip away and go to BSki's.

— Danny

QUICK HITS

• The two pairs running for Campus Y co-presidents next year participated in a forum yesterday to share their ideas for the Y and its social justice efforts.
  • Columnist Gwendolyn Smith reminds us all today to put our money where our mouths are when it comes to politics — and keep shelling out for companies that support causes important to you.
  • UNC International Student and Scholar Services has begun reaching out to UNC students who have been or might be affected by President Trump's ban on immigration from seven predominantly Muslim countries.

IN DAILY CRIME

A suspicious person was reported for taking items from a mailbox, yard and garden on Ward Street. Other sundry suspicious persons were reported, though none of them stole garden ornaments.

IN THE LEGISLATURE

A proposed bill in the General Assembly would end trying 16- and 17-year-olds as adults in North Carolina. Despite the increased costs that'd ensue, proponents say the juvenile justice system is "better equipped to serve adolescents than the adult system." Go figure.

IN STUDENT LIFE 

We offered Trump supporters at UNC and State a chance to share their perspectives on supporting the current administration in college.

IN COMMITMENT

Meet five of UNC football's most promising incoming first-years. The Tar Heels received letters of intent from 13 players in the Class of 2017 yesterday.