DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: MAYEHEM

Good morning, and welcome to THE! FINAL! FOUR!

I'm happy to report that 1) I've returned from St. Petersburg in one piece, and 2) I'm awaiting my soul's return to my body after last night. To relive the most beautiful 0.3 seconds of our collective lives, check out Brendan's piece today on Luke Maye and The Shot Heard Round the World™.

I swear Carolina basketball has taken a decade off my life already.

— Danny

QUICK HITS

• Over the weekend, someone(s) chalked up campus with their sizzling hot takes, including "veganism is wrong" and "Trump wins." Groundbreaking.
  • The Homestead Aquatic Center has finally located the leak that's closed their pool since mid-January. The invoice for repairs has been $20,000 so far.
  • Former LSU quarterback Brandon Harris officially committed to UNC on Sunday afternoon.
  • Carrboro recently opened up three new bike repair stations around town. You can find them at Libba Cotten Bikeway, Town Commons and Wilson Park.

IN DAILY CRIME

Someone tried to commit identity theft to open a Target credit card. Another person broke into a car on South Merritt Mill and stole an iPod nano. (the real news being that someone still has an iPod nano)

IN CAMPUS NEWS

This year's student body presidential race is finally over. We caught up with president-elect Elizabeth Adkins to discuss her victory, who she'll have in her administration and what their first steps are gonna be.

IN COMMUNITY

A local organization collected culturally appropriate foods at yesterday's Food Truck Rodeo on Rosemary to help out refugee families in the area. The drive raised more than 460 pounds of food.

IN TOWN NEWS

A nonprofit and a local food truck are partnering up to hold a "Pupusathon" to raise scholarship money for undocumented students. I still don't really know what a Pupusathon is, but I do know that I want 20 of them.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2024 Music Edition