DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Openly Carrboro

Good morning!

Yesterday, this newsletter introduced you to Danny's roommate Archer, letter-writer extraordinaire.

Archer and I have a few things in common — most importantly, we share a wall and step-parenting responsibilities for Ben. But there's one thing Archer has that I don't, and I'm hoping to resolve that before graduation.

As you may or may not know, Danny and Archer have lived in Carrboro for two years. So when Archer (jokingly) asked everyone to bring her presents on a Facebook event last December, Carrboro Board of Aldermen member Damon Seils showed up with a Carrboro T-shirt for her. And I have been jealous ever since.

Danny and Hannah are saying I can't use today's newsletter to ask Damon for a Carrboro shirt, so I guess you can just go see him at a panel discussion for LGBTQ elected officials in the FedEx Global Center at 4 p.m. today.

— Jane

QUICK HITS

• The Equal Opportunity and Compliance Office has determined that UNC football player Allen Artis did not violate any University policy in regard to the sexual assault case filed by sophomore Delaney Robinson last semester.
  • Honeysuckle Tea House, a local open-air venue for avoiding stress and drinking tea, has officially reopened for the spring.
  • Gov. Roy Cooper recently announced April as N.C. Beer Month, making at least one decision I can get behind in the last eight days.
  • The DTH's lawsuit against UNC (for records regarding students found responsible for sexual assault) is still unresolved after a hearing in Wake County on Thursday.

IN DAILY CRIME

Someone reported "a purse snatching" on West Franklin Street at 2:14 a.m. Another person reported a suspicious person at an animal clinic on Monday. I can't promise either weren't me.

IN MISSING THE POINT

A children's book about a young boy who wears dresses was part of a Charlotte anti-bullying lesson plan for first-graders — until a group of adults found out and complained and had the school board remove it lololol

IN NOT-BASKETBALL

In an ongoing series in which UNC baseball players share the story behind their walk-out songs, J.B. Bukauskas explains Johnny Cash's "God's gonna cut you down." And in an ongoing trend with this series, I have no idea what "God's gonna cut you down" is.