DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Throwing shade at the 10th Amendment's penumbra?

Good morning!

Earlier this week, I talked about meeting my roommate Archer on move-in day my first year in Craige. But I also met another person that day — my suitemate Aaron.

I accidentally woke up Aaron from a nap while looking through the suite I thought was still empty, we had an awkward encounter later in which he introduced me as "that kid who woke me up from my nap," and we subsequently became enemies for two and a half years.

But it's all good now: We've moved up to being ~frenemies~, I'm stealing his roommate next year and he just won first place at the RiverRun International Film Festival's Pitch Fest for his film about gay Trump supporters.

(Note: I promise we don't just dabble in nepotism and only cover people I'm friends with. Fourth floor of Craige 2013-14 was just a hotbed of talent.)

— Danny

QUICK HITS

• Seniors/parents: You have one week left to submit baby photos for the annual DTH Baby Issue! Head here by April 17 to order a space.
  • The Carrboro Board of Aldermen met Tuesday night to discuss potential tiny homes and the inclusion of more Spanish in town texts and documents.
  • Twelve new members will be introduced in the UNC-system Board of Governors in July, most of whom are — wait for it — straight white Republicans.

IN DAILY CRIME

Some tragic soul was reported for getting drunk and disturbing the customers at Mellow Mushroom on Sunday afternoon. Another person used a rock to break into an apartment and then used said rock to cause $2,700 in damage to windows, the oven, a sliding door and wooden cabinets.

IN SPORTING COMPETITIONS

Get your cardigans ready: Senior Bar Golf is teeing off on April 20. I've been waiting for this moment since I saw editors leaving the newsroom my sophomore year. My body (and full-madras outfit) is ready.

IN NORTH CAROLINA POLITICS

A federal judge ruled last week that the redistricting of Greensboro's City Council was unconstitutional gerrymandering. North Carolina's nothing if not on-brand.

IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

A bill in the General Assembly is calling on North Carolina to reject the legalization of same-sex marriage in the state. The text of the bill itself cites 1) Genesis, and 2) the 10th Amendment, which is actually, literally never used in any Bill of Rights argument ever because it's so vague.

IN OUR OPINION

If the University can swing free HBO, she can get seniors some free LinkedIn premium accounts. Not to imply that students value internships over access to "Game of Thrones" and "Looking." Because I'm honestly not sure they do.