DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: TY for being a friend

Good morning!

As we tick down the precious, nerve-wracking time (four business days) until I'm finished with my final semester at UNC, I'm finding myself subbing out some of the typical Rihanna and Britney for — I don't know how to say this — "sentimental" music.

A couple weeks ago, I tweeted about crying alone in my car when "Wagon Wheel" came on. Last night, I tried to watch "Golden Girls" and accidentally started crying during the theme song. Being a second-semester senior is a roller coaster.

To not help whatsoever, Swerve compiled a comprehensive playlist for the Last (Last) Week of Classes. If you find yourself alone in your car today, give it a listen.

— Danny

QUICK HITS

• UNC baseball dragged Elon in an 11-2 victory on Tuesday, thanks in part to the diving catch of a kid who's barely old enough to see an R-rated movie.
  • The biannual "Milk and Honey" event kicked off in the Sonja Haynes Stone Center for Black Culture and History yesterday, giving black and Latina students a space to perform and celebrate.
  • Save the date: The NCAA has tentatively set hearings on the academic-athletic scandal for Aug. 16 and 17, according to recently released letters between the NCAA and UNC.
  • In other scandal-related things, the DTH editorial board ran a front-page editorial today criticizing UNC for its conduct since 2013.

IN DAILY CRIME

Someone was reported for refusing to leave Time Out at 3:31 a.m. Sunday. To each her own.

IN COLLEGE BASKETBALL

Our prayers have been answered, and Joel Berry has decided to officially pull out of the 2017 NBA Draft. He'll be returning to UNC for his senior year, much to the joy of every fan except my mother. I still don't know what that's about.

IN TOWN NEWS

Since Sunday afternoon, more than 5.25 inches of rain have fallen on Chapel Hill — leading to flooding, downed trees, power outages and my dog not using the bathroom for two days because he refuses to get wet.

IN STATE NEWS

Of the 10 counties in North Carolina that have faced poverty rates above 20 percent over the last three decades, every single one is rural. Here's a look into how taxation, health care and unemployment all affect folks living in the more rural parts of the state.

The Daily Tar Heel's 2024 Music Edition