DTH at a Glance

DTH at a Glance: Baseball diamonds dancing

Dear DTH Readers,

Whether it's Kendrick's newest album or Future's "Mask Off," rap music just makes you want turn up. I'm bumping some right now, because At a Glance is always a party, am I right?

I admit my taste is a bit outdated, though. For reference, I'm still bumping Mac Miller's GO:OD AM from two years ago, so there's that. But I now know that I'm not alone! 

Logan Warmoth, shortstop for UNC, is a self-described "rap guy." His walk-up song for this season is Joey Bada$$'s "Devastated," a song that's rather fitting as UNC Baseball has began ACC Tournament play. He puts a lot of effort into choosing his song, even bringing his friends opinions into account. And it's from August 2016, so I'm not the only one listening to slightly outdated music, right? Right? 

— Leah

QUICK HITS

• As we bid farewell to Carolina Ale House, there's only one thing to say: Ale's well that ends well! 
  • What's better than three more years at Carolina? The NBA, according to Tony Bradley.
  • The Shuford family donated $18 million to the undergraduate entrepreneurship program – that's 18 Lil Wayne songs, for reference. 
  • In other big UNC news, the University dropped a 102-page response to the NCAA's third Notice of Allegations on Thursday, while the DTH filed an appeal of the ruling in their public records lawsuit against the University.
  • Women's lacrosse sank in their loss to Navy in the NCAA quarterfinals.  

AT A GLANCE RECOMMENDS

It's Friday, and I'm thinking about the weekend. Here are some things I'm excited about, and you should be too. 

• Animazement, Raleigh Convention Center — May 25 to May 28 
  • Zach Williams, Cat's Cradle, Chapel Hill — Friday, May 26  at 7 p.m.
  • Moonchild, Cat's Cradle, Chapel Hill — Sunday, May 28 at 7 p.m.